SUP Rentals in Jørpeland
Paddle Boarding on the Fjord
For many, gliding across the water on a SUP board gives the feeling of childlike playfulness while also offering a sense of accomplishment. Find a small cove or beach and practice balancing techniques, find inner peace, or simply have fun with friends and family.
Using a Stand-Up Paddle Board (SUP)
Paddle boards are easy to handle and transport, and are therefore a popular choice for both exercise and leisure activities. The proximity to the water and ability to see aquatic life just underfoot makes paddle boarding an exciting tour activity for families. As it requires paddlers to use their entire body, SUP is also a fantastic way to get exercise.
It’s all about the technique
Beginners who have never tried paddle boarding will use most of their time learning balancing techniques, how to stand up, and how to use the paddle. After you’ve learned the basics, you’ll be able to practice improving your paddling techniques. Once you’ve mastered the correct techniques, paddling on a SUP will engage all the muscles in your body while you glide more easily through the water.
Tips for first-time paddle boarders
- Hold the paddle vertically in the water
- Stand such that your lower shoulder is positioned in front of your body, and that the paddle enters the water near the front of the board
- Keep your arms straight and paddle with your entire upper body
- The flat part of the paddle should go completely into the water
- Focus on pushing your body and board forward, instead of pushing the paddle backward
If desired, we are happy to offer paddling guidance before your tour.